Quite frankly I hate having to constantly deal with hair removal. Whether I try shaving, waxing, hair removal creams or IPL, I never seem to find the right solution. Either it takes too long, damages the skin, hurts or doesn’t last long enough. So naturally I was interested in trying Veet‘s new products for 2016 and reviewing them for you. After all I still haven’t given up hope of finding a method of heir removal that doesn’t make me cringe just at the sound of it!
Veet’s new products include their Spawax Stripless Wax Warming Kit, the Natural Inspirations Wax Strips and their Hair Removal Cream Legs & Body for Sensitive Skin. First of all I’d like to say about all the three products that I really like their sweet design and also that the product always smells good which helps relax before ripping away at your skin voluntarily.
The first product I tried was the Spawax Stripless Wax Warming Kit because believe it or not I’ve never had a warm waxing done at a salon. To begin with a few facts about the kit.
- 1 Wax warming pot lid
- 1 Veet Spatula
- 6 Stripless wax discs (150g)
- 1 Electrical cable and plug
- 1 User Manual
What Spawax does:
- Melts the wax
- Maintains the wax at the perfect temperature – you’ll never burn your skin
Benefits of using Spawax:
- No strips are required
- Long-lasting smoothness for up to 28 days
- The wax removes hair as short as 2mm
- The perfect temperature is maintained throughout the session
How to use*:
- Place the amount of wax melts you require in the Spawax pot
- Plug Spawax in and let the wax melt for 30 minutes (depending on how many melts you’re using)
- Apply the wax with the spatula in the direction in which the hair grows and wait 30-60 seconds
- Tighten the skin and remove the wax quickly in the opposite direction in which the hair grows
- Remove any wax residue with some baby oil
Good to know:
- The wax is suitable for the legs, underarms and bikini line
- The device doesn’t need to be cleaned as any remaining wax can be reheated
On to my personal experience. I really like the look of Spawax as it is quite gorgeous and looks great in my bathroom. I also love the purple lily and sugar fig scent of the wax. It definitely looks luxurious and also feels amazing when applying the perfectly heated wax to your skin.
It took me about ten countdowns to finally tear off the first wax patch… 🙂 I was so scared it would be horridly painful. With my expectations being very low I could of course only be positively surprised at how little it hurt. Of course it does sting and burn for a second but the sensation passes by fairly quickly. After many patches it did get more painful and I wasn’t able to do both legs in one go. However the next time I used Spawax I could go on a little longer and the pain was definitely less. The more I’ve used it the better it’s gotten and the beautifully smooth skin is a wonderful reward.
The second product I tested was the Natural Inspirations Wax Strips. Again I have the facts here for you.
- 20 Wax Strips
- 4 Veet Perfect Finish Wipes
Benefits of using Natural Inspirations Wax Strips:
- Wax contains 90% ingredients from natural origin
- Up to 28 days of smoothness
- With aloe vera of natural origin
- Leaves your skin feeling moisturised
How to use*:
- Rub the double wax strip between your hands so that they’ll part easily
- Tear the wax strips apart starting at the round end
- Place the wax strip so that the round end is pointing in the direction in which the hair grows
- Rub the wax strip firmly in the direction in which the hair grows
- Tighten the skin and quickly rip the strip off by holding it at the round end
- Use a perfect finish wipe to get rid of any excess wax
I’ve now used these wax strips a few times when I needed to wax in the last minute as you don’t have to melt the wax first. I personally do prefer Spawax as it does feel more luxurious and the wax seems to grab more hair at once than with the strips. As with Spawax the strips do smell amazing though with their resin derived from pine trees and aloe vera. After using the perfect finish wipe the skin also feels well nourished and it does get rid of most of the wax residue. On the pain scale I must say that I find the strips more painful than Spawax but it is still bearable especially after a few times.
The last Veet product for today is the Hair Removal Cream Legs & Body for Sensitive Skin.
- 100ml/200ml tube
Benefits of using Hair Removal Cream Legs & Body for Sensitive Skin:
- Hydrates skin for up to 24 hours
- No ligering malodour due to the new fragrance technology
- Smoothness for up to 7 days
- Enriched with Aloe Vera and Vitamin E
How to use*:
- Using the curved part of the spatula, spread the Veet Cream evenly to fully coat the hair
- Leave the cream on your skin for 5-10 minutes (never more than 10 minutes)
- Remove the cream with the spatula
- Rinse your skin thoroughly with water to remove the cream completely
Firstly I have to say that I am so glad they got rid of that ghastly stench that hair removal creams tend to have! I also like the addition of Aloe Vera which really does give you super smooth skin and also helps reduce redness afterwards. What I don’t like about hair removal creams in general is that like with shaving it doesn’t take long till the first little annoying hair pops up again. For that reason I will never be a huge fan of hair removal techniques which only last for a few days but I am impressed with the majorly improved scent of this cream.
All in all my favourite new Veet product is undoubtedly Spawax. With its luxurious home spa touch, the deliciously scented wax and the perfect temperature I can only recommend it to anyone wanting to save some money and time by waxing at home.
Have you tried the new Spawax yet?
*Before using, please read directions & precautions contained in the package carefully. I do not take any responsibility for the directions given above.